Books

  • Knee High River Water
  • Bible

Monday, March 5, 2012

Three Wires



Its been raining a lot today,
It rained right over all my plans
But then I remembered a word that the Lord has been speaking to me
He has given it to me through multiple peoples, in my daily reading, and then (always happens like this) confirmed it through the sermon on Sunday.

"Rest in Me."

BUT LORD I AM RESTING?!
Right?
No, not quite. I think this, like many passages in the Word, is focusing more on the heart of the issue than the surface. Sure, I could kick back and nap all day,
But what would I dream about?
Probably all the worries I've been feeling the past couple weeks

But I don't need to worry, simply cast my cares on Him.

Does that mean I never have any worries ever?
.....
It means I'm sustained by Him, I'm putting my trust in Him, it means I'm dependent on him.
It means I belong to a Shepard who doesn't need my little sheep self looking over His shoulder and checking in. He's got it under control.
I can rest in Him.

I know that we've all heard this, but I think sometimes we need a reminder.
Here it is: Rest In Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment