Books

  • Knee High River Water
  • Bible

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Be a Gumby



Weather: Rain and heavy winds
Currently Craving: Ramen

I was thinking more about Romans 8:28, and decided to illustrate it with Gumby. I think that the world teaches us to try more and more to control our situations. AAA, cell phones, Iphones, internet, portable computers, portable everything. The Lord, however, gives us His word which tells us to deal with each day as its own problem, and to rely on Him for our daily bread. I've learned that in my own life, daily bread means a lot more than just relying on the Lord for physical sustenance, it means relying on Him for my spiritual sustenance.

Maybe its just my human-ness, but I really like to know whats going on. I like to be in control. But following the Lord means sticking together with his Body and sticking it out. Being flexible like Gumby is a really helpful reminder of this. I need to roll with the punches (so to speak) like last night, leaving church I find someone sitting on my car who shouldn't be anywhere near the church or the people in it. Was I a tad bit scared? psch..yeah. But the Lord protected everyone in that situation and we all watched out for each other and got through it. Had I not remembered to be flexible like Gumby, a bebe like that one would've ricocheted right off me and I wouldn't have handled it correctly.

Also, I think its good to remember that Gumby had Pokey. As flexible as it is great to be, we weren't created to walk alone. I dont think that means having your bff strapped to your side every moment of the day, but I do think that walking through this life with people who fear the Lord and live according to His calling is a super important thing.

That's my piece, take it or leave it.
Also: if you have any extra Ramen packets in your car, drop them by. I could really use some study-power pasta right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment