Books

  • Knee High River Water
  • Bible

Friday, January 13, 2012

Oregon Coast Retreat...mmm!


So we just got to the Oregon coast, we're in a tiny town called Canon Beach. We've been traveling since 8am on Thursday and its going to be really nice to just be in one place for awhile :)

I'm excited to see what God is going to do through these ladies this weekend, I've heard that this retreat is a super fun one. There's been rumors of ladies pranking (not the younger ones either, its been said that the 60+ ones like to do it late at night), there will be a pajama contest, a dance contest, and all-night bunko games (what is bunko you ask? good question, i'm going to find out tonight!).

This has been a hard time for me though, strange as it is I really really REALLY miss Fort Bragg. There was a moment on Thursday morning when Rhonda and I were juicing up before we left: we were at Headlands and the sun was rising and it smelled like the ocean...it was so beautiful...I looked at Rhonda and said "You don't REALLY need me to go with you.." So now i'm here, again REALLY missing Fort Bragg. :( hopefully I can wash away the homesickness with a good round of bunko and some roudy old ladies.

Goal for this retreat: Listen to God's word, worship Him, and make best friends with a 90-year-old lady who will teach me some epic pranking techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment